The final service for members of the royal family before the Queen’s burial will be held at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
Construction of the chapel was started by Edward IV in 1475 and completed by Henry VIII in 1528.
The chapel is the spiritual home of the Order of the Garter, founded by Edward III in 1348. The Queen, installed as a member of the Order of the Garter in 1948, attended an annual service of thanksgiving on Garter Day most years.
It was the place where, four times during her reign, she distributed the Maundy money to recipients from across the UK.
The chapel has also been the venue for numerous family occasions, including the confirmation of the Duke of Cambridge in 1997, the weddings of three grandchildren – Peter Phillips, the Duke of Sussex and Princess Eugenie – and the funeral of Prince Philip.
After the service, the Queen’s final resting place will be in the King George VI Memorial Chapel, an annexe to the St George’s Chapel. It was commissioned by the Queen in 1962, in line with her late father’s wishes of not wanting to be buried long-term in the Royal Vault.
There, she will join her father, George VI, the Queen Mother and her sister, Princess Margaret. Prince Philip is in the Royal Vault but will be moved to lie beside his wife in the chapel.
It was designed by George Pace and was completed in 1969. It is a simple, intimate place, just 5.5 metres (18ft) high and 3 metres (10ft) wide with a depth of 4.25 metres (14ft).