To progress in Pokemon Go’s combat, it is important for a trainer to have a decent supply of Revives. Here’s a guide on how to get more Revives in Pokemon Go through Pokestops, Field Research tasks, and other sources.
Combat in Pokemon Go is largely based on types. To deal the highest amount of damage, players need to focus on factors like CP, IVs, attacks, and type. However, these factors are irrelevant if your Pokemon has fainted after its Health Points hit zero.
Items like Revives and Potions help in reviving and increasing a Pokemon’s health, respectively. Even though your Pokemon won’t have HP-related issues in the Go Battle League, you’ll need to revive them after Raids, Team Go Rocket battles, and Gym fights.
On that note, here’s how to get Revives in Pokemon Go.
How to collect Revives in Pokemon Go
These are the best sources of Revives in Pokemon Go:
- Spinning Pokestops and Gyms – Pokestops and Gyms are the most reliable sources of Revives in Pokemon Go. Spin them whenever you can and there’s a chance that one of the dropped items will be a Revive.
- Gifts – Open gifts sent by your friends as they have a chance of containing Revives. You can open up to 30 gifts in a day.
- Field Research tasks – Tap on the binocular icon at the bottom right of the Pokemon Go home screen. Here, you’ll find different types of Field Research tasks and some of them might hand out Revives as a completion reward.
- Raid Battles – You get Revives in the game after defeating a Raid boss. While experienced Trainers can try taking part in three-star Raids alone, we don’t recommend taking part in five-star (Mega Raids) alone as you’ll most likely lose a lot of Pokemon without any good rewards.
- Leveling up – Pokemon Go players get a wide range of rewards such as Pokeballs, Egg Incubators, and Revives when they level up.
To be fair, Raids should not be your first priority when looking for Revives because they can be quite challenging. It’s better to have a long list of active friends that can send you gifts daily.
Lastly, never underestimate Pokestops and Gyms as they can always hand out great items including Revives. They drop standard Revives until Lv. 29 and start dropping Max Revives (revive and restore a Pokemon’s full health) once you reach Lv. 30.
This was everything to know about getting Revives in Pokemon Go. For similar content, check out how to get Hoopa, the best attackers in Pokemon Go, and how to beat Arlo and Giovanni.
Image Credits: Niantic